• Michael Silver has a consistent record of settling even the most difficult cases across a broad range of subject matters.
• He has been a full-time mediator and arbitrator since 1994.
• He has a sound understanding of the complexities of legal argument and for the substantive issues raised in complicated cases.
• Regularly scheduled for two mediations per day at the ADR Centre from 1994-1997, and then fully immersed in private practice from 1997 to date, he has the ability to get to the heart of the issue and to help parties identify their core interests.
• In mediating over 3000 times, Michael Silver has demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of the parties, flexibility, efficiency and an ability to skillfully identify interests and issues.
• He works hard to champion the cause of settlement. He knows what questions to ask. He is completely independent. His experience also helps him to know when to end a mediation, and when to suggest an adjournment.
• He is able to successfully reach people from a diversity of backgrounds and varied perspectives. He has a personal touch with a gift for working with people.
• He loves his work and has a passion for resolving conflict.
Whether it is brokering a settlement, promoting communication, exchanging information, or narrowing issues, he knows how to handle a mediation so that the parties have a productive outcome.
His arbitrations are conducted independently and are focused and fair.